Worm diseases are very common and affect humans, animals and plants. About 250 species of these parasites are now known to inhabit the human body. The most common human lesions are pinworms, roundworms, tapeworms.
Treatment and removal of worms is often done medically, using various worm medications for people. However, in some cases, for example if worms are found during pregnancy, the use of chemicals is prohibited. In such cases, you can use alternatives, more sparing for the body folk recipes for worms.
Consider several effective methods of getting rid of worms with folk remedies.
Pumpkin seeds for worms
There are several recipes for how to treat worms with pumpkin seeds:
- Eat three tablespoons of pumpkin seeds on an empty stomach. After two hours, drink a laxative (you can use vegetable oil). The procedure can be repeated the next day.
- Eat half a glass of pumpkin seeds in the morning and in the evening a quarter of an hour before meals for 7 days.
- A decoction of pumpkin seeds: Pour 500 g of unpeeled ground seeds with a liter of boiled water and put in a bain-marie for 2 hours. Then cool the broth, strain and drink in small portions for an hour.
It should be borne in mind that pumpkin seeds for all recipes should be raw and not heat-treated. These safe recipes can also be used to prevent worms in humans. It is advisable to put cleansing enemas after their use on the second and third days, since the worms come out for several days. This will help prevent poisoning of the body with decomposition products.
Garlic for worms
It is also a good folk remedy for worms, which can also be used as a preventive measure.
- Boil the porridge of 5 cloves of garlic in 200 ml of milk over low heat in a closed container for about 15 minutes, then leave to infuse until cool under the lid. Take 1 warm teaspoon 4-5 times a day before meals for a week.
- Add freshly squeezed garlic juice (10-12 drops) to a glass of milk, take a quarter cup 4 times a day for 7 days.
- Garlic worm enema. To prepare it, add 5-10 g of garlic oatmeal to a glass of boiled water, leave to infuse for several hours. Do an enema 1-2 hours before bedtime. The course of treatment is one week. You can combine these procedures with the intake of garlic inside.
Herbs for worms
- Tansy is an ancient remedy for worms. But this plant has contraindications: you cannot use it to expel worms in children and during pregnancy. To prepare an infusion of tansy, pour 1 tablespoon of plant flowers with a glass of boiling water and leave to infuse under the lid for 4 hours. Then strain and consume 1 tablespoon 4 times a day before meals.
- Mugwort. With the help of this herb, roundworms and pinworms can be eliminated. You must prepare an infusion: pour 1 teaspoon of absinthe into 500 ml of boiled water. After cooling, strain and take 2 tablespoons three times a day 30 minutes before meals. It is recommended to sweeten the infusion with honey.
- Collection of plants against worms. To prepare the mixture, you will need: a spoonful of chamomile, yellow gentian root, tansy flowers, 2 tablespoons of wormwood and 3 tablespoons of buckthorn. Thoroughly mix all the herbs and infuse 1 tablespoon of the mixture with 200 ml of boiling water in a thermos for 8-10 hours. Take in the morning on an empty stomach and at bedtime for 3 days.
When using folk remedies for worms, it is also important to follow a diet in order to create unfavorable conditions for their reproduction. It is necessary to exclude bakery and pasta, cereals (except buckwheat, rice, corn), sweets, fatty foods. It is useful to use low-fat yogurt, sour fruit drinks and compotes, boiled vegetables.